This is a collaborative post.
You have probably heard by now about the wide array of CBD products available on the market. CBD oil, tablets, skincare, shampoo – you name it, there’s a CBD version! In the UK alone, the CBD industry is estimated to be worth around £300 million, and growing all the time. So what is CBD, and is it worth all the hype given to it by the media?
What is CBD?
CBD, an abbreviation of cannabidiol, is an oil extracted from the hemp plant, a cousin of the marijuana plant. But unlike marijuana, cannabidiol doesn’t have any properties which produce “high” effects in your brain. If you take CBD or use it on your skin, you will not experience any ‘drunk-like’ effects, meaning it is totally safe to use. Despite its relations to marijuana, it is totally legal, high-free, and safe.
What is CBD Used For?
The reason CBD is so popular in this day and age is simple: it works. According to its users, CBD oil can be used for the following purposes:
- Anxiety relief. Many people around the world take CBD tablets or droplets of CBD oil each day to relieve anxiety and promote calmness. This is due to the fact that CBD works to interact with CB1 and CB2 receptors in your nervous system, producing a calming effect. For social anxiety, PTSD, insomnia, panic attacks and more, CBD has been said to work wonders by those who take it regularly.
- Better skin. CBD skincare has taken off because those who use it say it clears acne and promotes healthy skin! Celebrity actress Kristen Bell is even releasing her own line of CBD skincare, further promoting its use in the beauty industry. CBD is said to help heal skin cells, meaning your blemishes will disappear more quickly and your skin will feel rejuvenated.
- Reducing symptoms of arthritis. In recent studies, CBD oil has shown to reduce the symptoms of arthritis and chronic pain in patients with varying degrees of suffering in these areas. This is because CBD is said to have anti-inflammatory properties which will help it act as a painkiller for sore joints.
- Pet calmness. Yep, believe it or not, CBD is even used for pets who have anxiety!
- Muscle therapy. Exercise specialists say that CBD creams and oils can have an effect on healing injured muscles, or even reducing soreness of muscles after a hard workout.
- Benefits your heart and circulation. Many studies now claim that CBD can help alleviate circulation and heart problems in patients.
Where Can I Get CBD?
If you are thinking of self-administering CBD, it is vital to do your research and speak with a medical professional before proceeding. Once you understand the product and how it should be used, you can find CBD in all its forms at various CBD stockists online and in stores.
So to answer the question: is CBD worth the hype? The answer is simply, see for yourself. It seems to have caught the eye of millions of users around the world, which suggests that the effects of CBD are widespread and helpful for many ailments.