Disclaimer: I was given a product/service in return for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own and not influenced by the company in anyway.
We have been home cooking our dinners and the kid’s dinners for a while now. Don’t get me wrong, we have takeaways and ‘freezer’ days, but we are lucky that we both love to cook, and I really don’t mind spending an hour every afternoon cooking for us all. We also do a lot of batch cooking which is really useful for weeks where money is either a bit tight, we don’t have time to cook for whatever reason or just to use for lunches the next day!
Our most loved and favourite meals are by no means complicated! They are easy, take under 45 minutes to make and can be adapted really simply for even the fussiest of people! One of our favourite meals to have on a weekday is chicken or Quorn fajitas. I pretty much have all of the ingredients bar the tortilla wraps in the cupboards at all times so I can just grab what I need and make it.
This week however, we have teamed up with Schwartz to recreate one of our favourite meals and give it a little twist! Instead of our usual mayo-salsa combination, this time we threw in some Cajun Seasoning to our chicken (you could also use Quorn chicken pieces) and mixed it up! The Cajun seasoning is a yummy blend of chilli powder, allspice and thyme.
With a chilli rating of 3 (classed as hot) the Cajun Seasoning added a huge amount of flavour and spice to the dish without being overbearing and is something we will definitely be adding into future meals! It went really well with the cool mayo and would work really well in a number of dishes we currently cook. I’m going to try it instead of my usual Piri Piri chicken mix this week when I make chicken burgers and see if everyone prefers it!
The best thing about the Schwartz Cajun Seasoning is that it can pretty much be sprinkled over everything; fish, chicken, potatoes for some spicy wedges, pizza or something Mario does, add it to a tin of baked beans for a little fiery kick!
Which of your favourite meals would you use Schwartz Cajun Seasoning in?
Chicken Fajitas and Rice
- Frying Pan
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Salsa
- 2 tsp Schwartz Cajun Seasoning
- 1 Red Pepper sliced
- 1 Brown Onion sliced
- 500 grams Chicken/Quorn Chicken Pieces
- 8 Tortilla Wraps
- 2 packets Microwave Rice
- Add the Olive Oil to the frying pan, over a medium heat
- Add the Red Pepper and Brown Onions to the pan and fry for 5 minutes
- Add the Chicken and fry for a further 20 minutes or cook the Quorn Chicken Pieces according to the packet
- Stir in the Mayonnaise and the Schwartz Cajun Seasoning
- Meanwhile, microwave the Tortilla Wraps for 1 minute and lay out open on the plates
- Add the Salsa to the middle of the Tortilla Wraps and microwave the Rice
- Once cooked, add equal portions of the Chicken/Quorn mix to the tortillas and fold
- Serve with the Rice and a Side Salad if needed