Looking for a hearty, healthy fish pie for all the family? This one can be batch cooked and frozen to eat at a later date!
Hearty Fish Pie
A yummy fish pie perfect for all the family!
Servings 4 people
- 600 g Potatoes peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 tbsp Skimmed Milk
- 500 ml Skimmed Milk
- 3 tsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Plain Flour
- 1 cube Vegetable Stock
- 1/2 tsp Dried Mixed Herbs
- 300 g Cod skinned and cubed
- 300 g Haddock skinned and cubed
- 125 g Peas
- 2 tbsp Breadcrumbs
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- Boil the potatoes for 12-15 minutes and then mash. Mix in the milk and season.
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5/190°C/375°F. Put the milk, butter and flour into a saucepan and bring to the boil, whisking frequently until smooth and thickened
- Crumble in the stock cube and mix in the herbs. Season
- Put the fish into the sauce and add the peas. Then pour this into an ovenproof dish.
- Spoon over the potatoes and sprinkle over the breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the top is golden brown